Mimi G No pattern Maxi Dress


I was looking for a new maxi dress pattern online and came across this great no pattern tutorial by Mimi G over on her blog.  She has a full youtube video tutorial to go with.

It was really straight forward to sew the only problem I have with the design on me is that is was falling off my shoulders but I have a plan...to sew some navy ribbon at the back v neck which I have seen done before on dresses like this.

I used plain woven viscose from Minerva Crafts, and it feels really nice and cool. So many maxi dresses are knit fabric and I much prefer woven fabrics.  I didn't cut the skirt as full as the tutorial instructions and then I added slits on both sides to allow for running about after my children, and not tripping over !

I've 100% recommend this tutorial for beginners the fabric was £4.99 per meter so a great way to start sewing with viscose and practice. 




Comments

Popular Posts